Hello friends, in this article today, I will teach you how you can make Steamed Dim Sum. We all know that we all like to eat something new every day because if we eat the same food every day, we get bored with that food. So friends, let’s learn how you can make Steamed Dim Sum Recipes at home and taste it. I will tell you all the lessons very easily and you too will learn very easily. A delicious vegetable filling for these steamed appetizers.
Ingredients needed to make Steamed Dim Sum
3/4 cup plain flour (maida)
1/4 cup rice flour or cornflour
1 tbsp oil, 1⁄2 tsp salt
1 onion -finely chopped, 6 mushrooms – chopped very finely
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 2 green chillies – finely chopped
1 large carrot – grated, 21⁄2 cups very finely chopped cabbage 1 tsp salt & 1⁄2 tsp pepper powder, or to taste, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1⁄2 tsp soya sauce
RED HOT SAUCE
2-3 dry, red chillies – deseeded & soaked in 1/4 cup warm water for 10 minutes 6-8 flakes garlic, 1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera), 1 tbsp oil
1⁄2 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar
2-3 tbsp vinegar, 1⁄2 tsp soya sauce
How to Make Steamed Dim Sum
1. Sift flour, cornflour\rice flour and salt together. Add oil and knead with enough water to make a stiff dough of rolling consistency. Keep in a cool place covered with a cling wrap for 30 minutes.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok for the filling. Add the chopped onion. Fry till it turns soft. Add mushrooms and cook further for 2 minutes. Add green chillies, carrot, cabbage & ginger-garlic paste. Stir fry on high flame for 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, vinegar and soya to taste. Remove from heat and keep the filling aside to cool.
3. Take out the dough and form marble-sized small balls. Roll out flat, as thin as possible into small rounds of 2/2″ diameter.
4. Put 1 heaped tsp of the filling on one side and fold over to form a semicircle. Stick the edges with water. Pleat the joint edges and then slightly fold the pointed ends to give it a little rounded shape. Make all dim sums. Steam for 10 minutes.
5. For the sauce, grind the soaked red chillies along with the water, garlic, coriander seeds, cumin, oil, salt & sugar to a paste. Add soya sauce & vinegar to taste.
So, friends, I hope you would have understood by reading this article how to make vegetarian dim sum recipes. As I implement new methods of Steamed dim sum recipes, I will keep sharing them with you guys.
How did you find this information, do tell by commenting? If you have any questions or suggestions, then comment.
|Facebook Page||Click here|